27 January 2012

Creation

My style of work mainly consists of abstract compositions, as well as purist constructivist paintings.
My work is completely original, and I take inspiration from myself and my life, I don't copy or steal from other artists. My work expresses my feelings and thoughts.

I feel exhilarated when I finish a painting, it's like driving a Ferrari. Like a car that drives very fast, abstract paintings move quickly with many colours, shapes, balance, and depth, all of which are intrinsic to the all over schematic of the painting. I'm developing myself with each painting. I start with pieces to add to my portfolio and then produce masterpieces to sell.

I am currently studying a City Lit course that looks at practical skills for painting as well as the theory behind it. I have a tutor who will work with us one to one, she is an artist who has had a retrospective at the Tate. She is very accommodating and patient and is an excellent teacher. We look at ideas for work and techniques and then deviate into producing work.

My preferred medium to work in is acrylics. I don't work so much with oil as it's more difficult to work with and takes longer to dry.

I have produced over 1000 works, which can be seen on my website Hilal's Art and are all for sale.

I've always appreciated art and long wanted to take it up as a vocation. I feel I had a calling for it. I've always loved the idea of painting and using it as a creative outlet. It is a great medium. Being an artist is similar to the way God created the world in 6 days, it is a link between humanity and God, and allows you to tap into spirituality. You can find spirituality through creating, just as God created the world in Genesis. If you can make creating part and parcel of putting clothes on your back and bread in your mouth it is a very good deed as you are emulating what God gave to humanity - the creation of the world.




Hilal Hillary Kaddouri
http://www.hilalsart.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment